Aerolite luggage is one of the best-selling brands among air travelers and it’s not hard to see why. If you’re a frequent flyer then you’re probably always on the lookout for ways to make air travel easier, especially when it comes to packing and lugging around luggage.
One thing that might help is if you switch from your old suitcases to an Aerolite luggage set. These lightweight and easy to maneuver suitcases are popular because of their many benefits. Here are 9 tips for getting the most out of your Aerolite luggage.
1. Why Aerolite is the best luggage for travel
Aerolite is one of the most trusted names in luggage, and for good reason. Their products are built to last, with sturdy construction that can withstand the rigors of travel. Their products are also designed for maximum convenience, with features like removable wheels and an expandable frame that make packing a breeze.
The range of bag and suitcase options and their prices are guaranteed to be some of the most competitive in the market. So whether you’re looking for a new suitcase for your next business trip or a set of luggage for your next vacation, Aerolite probably got something that will fulfill all your requirements.
2. How to choose the right Aerolite suitcase for your needs
When choosing luggage, it is important to consider what type of traveler you are. For instance, if you frequently take long trips or frequently fly, you will need a different type of suitcase than someone who only takes short trips.
One important factor to consider is the weight of the suitcase. If you prefer to travel light then consider the empty weight of one of the lighter suitcases. However, if you are someone who likes to take a lot of clothes and accessories on holiday, you will need a heavier suitcase that can accommodate all of your belongings.
Another important factor to consider is the size of the suitcase. The maximum size and weight of both hold and cabin luggage varies from one airline to another. You’ll need to check with our airline first as the sizes can vary within the same airline on different routes, too.
If you are traveling for business, you will need a smaller suitcase that can easily be stored in an overhead compartment. However, if you are traveling for leisure, you may want one or two larger suitcases for the hold.
3. The different types of Aerolite suitcases available
Aerolite makes a variety of different types of suitcases to accommodate the needs of different kinds of travelers. For example, any of their 4 Wheel Spinner luggage is perfect for those who need a suitcase that is easy to maneuver through busy airports.
The Expandable 8 Wheel Hard Shell luggage is ideal for those who need a little extra space, while the Hybrid 4 Wheel Soft Side luggage is perfect for those who need a combination of both.
If you want something a bit different from the standard black or grey hard shell suitcases then the Aerolite Vintage Classic Retro Style Lightweight ABS Hard Shell Luggage is worth a look.
4. How to pack your Aerolite suitcase like a pro
The Aerolite range of luggage is designed to be lightweight and easy to maneuver, but when it comes to packing there are a few things to bear in mind. Here are a few tips on how to get the most out of your Aerolite suitcase:
- For longer trips, start packing early on. You don’t want to rush the task at the last minute.
- Place your suitcase on a bed or any other raised surface. It’s a lot easier than bending down to arrange things in a suitcase on the floor.
- Pack heavier items first, such as shoes and books. This will help to distribute the weight and prevent the crushing and creasing of lighter items.
- Use packing cubes to keep your belongings organized. Aerolite makes a variety of different sizes and colors, so you can find the perfect ones for your needs.
- Check the weight. Some gadgets make this task easier but if you don’t have anything else the bathroom scales will give you a rough idea. With experience, you’ll be able to judge if you’re suitcase is close to the limit.
- Don’t forget to pack essential items like travel documents and medications in an easily accessible place in your cabin bag, not the suitcase that goes into the hold.
- Take an inventory of what you’ve packed.
5. What to do if your luggage is lost or stolen
Losing your luggage can be a nightmare, but there are some things you can do to minimize the damage.
- Make sure you have a good insurance policy that covers lost or stolen luggage.
- Take an inventory of everything that was in your bags. If you remember to do this when packing it will make life a little easier in the event of a claim.
- File claims with the airline and your insurance company.
- You may also want to contact your credit card companies to cancel any cards that were in your lost luggage.
- You may also want to wipe or block any laptops, tablets, or phones if they were in the luggage.
6. How to extend the life of your Aerolite suitcase
Your Aerolite suitcase is built to last, but like any piece of luggage, it will eventually show signs of wear and tear. As you’ve seen at almost every airport, luggage is at risk of rough handling by both humans and machines. From the moment you hand it over at the check-in desk to the point at which it reappears on the carousel at your destination, it will have been through several manual and automated handling processes.
However, by following a few simple tips you can extend the life of your suitcase and keep it looking presentable for years to come.
One of the best ways to care for your suitcase is to avoid overpacking. Overloading your suitcase can put a strain on the zippers and fabric, leading to tears and prematurely worn-out components. Furthermore, it’s important to avoid packing sharp or pointy objects that could puncture or tear the fabric. When packing your suitcase, be sure to use soft items such as clothing and towels to cushion any fragile items.
7. The benefits of using an Aerolite suitcase
Aerolite suitcases are designed to be lightweight and durable, so on the one hand they add a minimal amount to the overall weight but at the same time, they are strong enough to withstand the rigors of air travel. The hard-shell construction protects your belongings from being damaged in transit, and the smooth-rolling wheels make it easy to navigate busy airports.
In addition, the Aerolite range includes a variety of different sizes and styles to suit every need. Whether you’re looking for a carry-on case or a large checked bag, you’ll be able to find the perfect option in the Aerolite range.
8. How to care for your Aerolite suitcase
There are a few other ways in which you can extend the life of your luggage and keep your Aerolite suitcase in tip-top shape for years to come.
- Avoid over-packing: Over-packing puts unnecessary strain on the zippers and fabric of your suitcase, which can lead to premature wear and tear. You may need to leave some things behind or pack another case.
- Use a soft brush to remove dirt and dust: A soft-bristled brush is the best tool for removing dirt and dust from your Aerolite suitcase. Be sure to brush in the direction of the grain to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Spot clean spills as soon as possible: If you spill something on your suitcase, remove the mark as soon as you can. Sometimes a little soap and warm water is enough so you can clean your case your hotel room
- Store your suitcase in a cool, dry place: When you’re not using your suitcase, be sure to store it in a cool, dry place. Exposure to sunlight and humidity can cause the fabric to fade and the wheels to become brittle.
- Replace missing or damaged components: If any of the components on your suitcase are damaged or missing, be sure to replace them as soon as possible if it’s possible to do so.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your Aerolite suitcase looking like new for years to come.
9. What not to pack in your Aerolite suitcase
When packing your Aerolite suitcase for your next trip, there are a few things you should leave behind. First, avoid packing any liquid items if at all possible, as they can leak and cause damage to your clothes. There will probably be some liquids among your toiletries and cosmetics, so make sure they are double wrapped so any leakages are contained.
Second, sharp objects such as knives or scissors can puncture the fabric of the suitcase, so it’s best to pack them in a separate bag too.
Third, heavy items such as books or laptops should be distributed evenly throughout the suitcase to avoid putting too much strain on one side.
Fourth, don’t be tempted to pack anything that contravenes either the airline’s regulations or the customs rules for the destination. As well as the more obvious things you may not be allowed to pack plants or certain types of food.
And finally, be sure to leave room in your suitcase for any shopping or souvenirs you may want to bring home with you!
Where to buy Aerolite Luggage
Aerolite luggage is available from many stockists, both online and in your local shopping area. In the UK you can buy it direct from aeroliteluggage.co.uk and from Travel Luggage & Cabin Bags. In the USA from luggagefactory.com.