Designed to deliver a great cup of coffee, percolators are still a popular option in homes, offices and coffee shops. The best percolators offer increased control over your brew, so you can customize the flavor, strength, and body to suit your tastes.
Available in both manual and electric options, percolators can be used in a variety of environments. Invented in the late 1800s, percolators are still one of the best ways to brew strong, flavorsome coffee. Ideal for coffee enthusiasts, the best percolators ensure there’s a hot cup of coffee waiting for you whenever you need it.
- ☕Transparent Top Lid for Easy Viewing: Our stovetop espresso maker, or moka pot, features an innovative transparent top lid so you're able to see when your espresso is ready without needing to lift the lid. This helps to avoid unnecessary spills and burns that are common with other espresso makers
- ✋Easy Grip Handle Helps Avoid Burns: Our stove top espresso coffee maker's handle is durable and bends away from the hot espresso pot giving your hand and knuckles ample space to avoid burns. The base of the italian coffee maker also features a safety valve that allows excess steam to flow out of the base
- 🥄Stainless Steel Coffee Clip Spoon Included: Easily scoop your favorite ground beans and then reseal the coffee bag with our convenient coffee clip spoon. Made of 100 percent 304 food grade stainless steel. Included with our moka pot for added convenience
- ✨Designed with a High Gloss Protective Finish: Made of high quality food grade aluminum and coated with a mirror finish on both the inside and outside of the moka coffee pot. Our proprietary protective metal coating prevents pitting, rusting and other blemishes that are common with other espresso stovetop makers
- ✔️Hand Wash Only: To clean your espresso maker, first disassemble and toss out coffee grounds. Please wait until the moka pot is fully cooled before touching. Wash all components by hand only using warm water and dish soap. Do not put in the dishwasher. Dry thoroughly before reassembling coffee maker
Bialetti 06800 Moka stove top coffee maker
This classic percolator doesn’t just make a tasty cup of coffee, it looks great too. Its polished aluminum body will complement any kitchen, whilst Bialetti’s iconic octagon shape adds a touch of sophistication to its design.
Producing just over 9 ounces of coffee with each use, the Bialetti 06800 Moka stove top coffee maker is technically a 6-cup percolator. Of course, this will vary depending on the size of your cup. If you need a hefty kick of caffeine, the 9-ounce capacity equates to just over a mug of full-flavor coffee.
Although this model is designed for use with Moka Coffee, you can use any ground coffee to prepare your perfect cup. At just 4 x 4 x 9 in, the Bialetti 06800 Moka stove top coffee maker is surprisingly compact, despite its 6-cup capacity.
Whilst the manufacturer claims this model will prepare up to 6-cups in five minutes, most users find it takes around six to eight minutes to fully complete the cycle. In addition, you’ll benefit from a patented safety valve that offers added protection when you’re brewing a steaming cup of Joe.
This model has left most coffee aficionados impressed, with many claiming it’s one of the best percolators on the market. However, a small number of buyers have experienced issues with corrosion, so this might be something to look out for.
Another potential downside to this stove top coffee maker is that it isn’t dishwasher-friendly. However, it’s aluminum construction ensures it’s easy to wash by hand and simple to keep clean. Of course, for a budget-friendly coffee maker and consistently great coffee, handwashing your percolator is a small price to pay.
Farberware 50124 Stainless Steel Yosemite Stove Top Percolator
This stainless-steel option from Farberware is another manual percolator, designed for use on the stove or with another heat source. With a slightly larger capacity, you can brew up to 8 cups of coffee at once with the Farberware 50124 Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Stovetop Percolator.
A permanent filter basket negates the need for paper filters, so you won’t need any extras when you opt for this model. Featuring a clear glass knob on the lid of the percolator, you can keep an eye on your coffee as it percolates and time your next cup to the second.
At 9.2 x 8.7 x 7 inches, the larger size reflects its increased capacity but may be too big for some users. Weighing 2.25 lbs, the Farberware 50124 Classic Stainless Steel Yosemite 8-Cup Coffee Stovetop Percolator is a little heavier than some other percolators on the market. If you’re concerned about lifting boiling water off the stove, the increased weight may be a drawback for you.
However, the Yosemite model does have a lot of benefits. As well as brewing an excellent cup of coffee, it’s dishwasher-safe and can be fully immersed in water. Its stainless-steel body is polished to a mirror finish, so it will sparkle in any kitchen. Whilst its design is a little more traditional than some other percolators, it works a great retro piece in contemporary environments.
When it comes to flavor, the Yosemite is capable of producing a strong, flavorful cup of coffee. Its non-reactive interior prevents any undesirable tastes or odors from being absorbed, so you’ll enjoy every cup.
Whilst some users have found that the glass knob can become loose after use, most people are easily able to retighten it by hand. This aside, the Yosemite receives consistently good reviews and regularly outranks other stove top models on the market.
Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator
If you want to brew your coffee without being chained to the stove, the Presto 02822 6-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Percolator might be the right choice for you. A fully electric percolator, you can use this model in various environments.
If you don’t have access to a stove in your office kitchen, for example, this Presto electric percolator will ensure you can still make a great cup of coffee at work.
The 500-watt power ensures you can brew coffee quickly, whilst its capacity allows you to prepare anything from two to six cups at once. A ready-to-serve indicator light will let you know as soon as your coffee’s ready, whilst a non-drip spout and detachable cord makes it easy to pour a cup without spilling a drop.
The cool-touch handle and knob enable you to handle the Presto percolator with ease and can minimize the risk of burns and accidents. Constructed from stainless steel and weighing 2 lbs, this model is a popular choice with buyers who are looking for the added flexibility offered by the best electric percolators.
Once brewed, this top-notch percolator will keep your coffee piping hot with its keep-warm mode. This means you’ll always have a hot cup of coffee to hand, without the fear of over-brewing or overheating.
Although some buyers found the Presto model to deliver relatively weak coffee, this could be due to individual brewing methods rather than the percolator itself. Indeed, this electric percolator routinely leaves customers satisfied and typically offers a reliable and flavorsome cup of coffee. Similarly, some purchasers experienced functionality problems after around two years of use, but this wasn’t representative of most users. With a price point of around $35, the vast majority of buyers were thrilled with the quality, functionality and reliability of this handy electric percolator.
Hamilton Beach 45 Cup Coffee Urn and Hot Beverage Dispenser
Designed to brew 15-45 cups of coffee at once, this hot beverage dispenser makes it easy to prepare hot drinks for a crowd. At just one minute to brew each cup, the Hamilton Beach 45 Cup Coffee Urn and Hot Beverage Dispenser makes quick work of large-scale brewing and offers a speedy way of serving numerous guests.
This electric percolator features a ready-to-serve indicator light, so it’s easy to determine when your coffee is ready to serve. Whilst the Hamilton Beach 45 Cup Coffee Urn and Hot Beverage Dispenser only features a single spout, it does offer two dispensing methods. Either fill a single cup at once or opt for continuous filling if you’re preparing coffee for a larger group.
Inside, the urn features water markings so you can gauge exactly how much water you’ll need, depending on how many cups you want to prepare. Available for around $39.99, Hamilton’s electric coffee urn is a budget-friendly way of brewing multiple cups of coffee at once. What’s more – it’s capable of producing great-tasting, full-bodied coffee too.
Both the lid and the brew basked can safely be placed in the dishwasher, although other parts of the urn will need to be cleaned by hand. The handy locking lid offers extra safety when you’re preparing hot drinks or transporting the urn, whilst its heat-resistant handles minimize the risk of accidents.
Although this product is a hit with the majority of buyers, some would like to see a sight glass added. Without one, it can be tricky to gauge just how much coffee is left in the percolator, but its large capacity means this isn’t too much of a drawback.
Ideal for use as an electric percolator, this model is also great for preparing alternative hot drinks, such as tea or hot chocolate. If you regularly need to prepare a large number of drinks for guests, at work or even at home, this could be one of the best percolators for you.
Farberware 47053 Stainless Steel Stove Top Percolator
If you like the design of Farberware’s stove top percolators but you want to brew more cups at once, the 47053 model might be the right fit. Advertised as a 12-cup percolator, it will brew 36 ounces in one sitting. Suitable for preparing large mugs or twelve 4 ounce cups, you can rely on this percolator to provide a steady flow of coffee.
Constructed in a classic design, the polished stainless-steel finish adds a modern feel to the Farberware 47053 Stainless Steel Stove Top Percolator. With a useful glass knob on the lid, you’ll be able to see exactly when your coffee starts to percolate and gauge the brewing time accordingly. With safety in mind, Farberware has added a tight-fitting lid. As well as minimizing the risk of accidents, this helps to keep your coffee piping hot.
A comfortable handle makes it easy to pour your coffee from the 47053 percolator, whilst its non-reactive interior ensures your coffee won’t absorb any unwanted aromas or tastes. As well as being easy to use, the Farberware 47053 Stainless Steel Stove Top Percolator is simple to maintain. It’s dishwasher safe and can also be fully immersed in water, so you’ll have no trouble cleaning it between uses.
Although this model features a permanent filter basket, some buyers have noticed grinds of coffee in their freshly brewed cups. To combat this, some have resorted to adding a paper filter when using this percolator. Whilst this only appears to be an issue for a minority of users, it is something to bear in mind if you want to avoid using paper filters.
Despite this, the 47053 stove top percolator is a popular option for coffee lovers. Retailing at around $34.99, it provides an affordable way to produce a moderate amount of coffee in a cinch and brews a great quality cup too.
- NO ALUMINUM OR PLASTIC. Our stainless steel camping coffee makers are toxin free. Essential camp kitchen equipment with hardwood handle, construction grade steel, & heat-toughened glass top
- BONUS - FILTERS INCLUDED. We include a pack of medical grade filters. Not required for operation, but these keep finely-ground beans out of the brew. This camping coffee percolator comes ready to use
- COMBAT TOUGH - VETERAN OWNED. This rugged camp coffee pot is engineered for the outdoors. Take it anywhere. Period. Made by men who weathered 15 combat deployments. A coffee perculator built to last
- EASIEST WAY TO MAKE CAMP COFFEE. A camp coffee pot is simple, efficient, & classic. When you want something strong, and it’s too early for beer, brew with a Bozeman. Perfect cowboy coffee pot
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE. Top materials & workmanship enable a superb promise. Shop with confidence. This is the last camping percolator coffee pot you will ever need. US based customer service
Coffee Percolator Buyers’ Guide
What are the advantages of making fresh coffee with percolators as opposed to other methods?
A coffee percolator used to be a must-have item in almost every household in the country but they’re less common than they used to be. Whilst many people have replaced their trusty percolator with a drip coffee maker or pod-based system, a coffee percolator is superior in many ways.
Unlike many other types of coffee makers, a percolator can be purchased as either an electric or stove top model. If you’re only going to be using your percolator where there’s an outlet nearby, an electric model might be the easiest option. However, stove top percolators can offer added flexibility. If you’re going camping, for example, a percolator is a great way to make a decent cup of coffee, even if you don’t have access to electricity.
Furthermore, percolators typically produce strong coffee, so they’re ideal if you prefer your coffee to have some bite. Unlike drip coffee makers, a percolator constantly cycles the water, meaning it can be ‘double brewed’. This makes it easy to produce strong coffee and fits the needs of many coffee lovers.
Known for producing strong, flavorful coffee, a percolator is the obvious choice for coffee aficionados. As well as getting a decent kick of caffeine, a percolator-brewed cup of Joe should offer a rich taste and have a good depth of flavor. Whilst it can take some trial and error to get used to brewing coffee with a percolator, once you’ve got the knack of it they’re hard to beat.
Another advantage of using a percolator is the ability to brew vast amounts of coffee at once. With various sizes available, you can choose a coffee percolator big enough to brew just one or two cups or opt for a larger urn which is capable of producing 45 cups or more.
This size variation sets percolators apart from most other coffee-making appliances and is certainly a bonus. If you’re preparing coffee for a large number of people, you’ll almost certainly want a percolator at hand. Whilst a coffee percolator is great for larger gatherings and meetings, it’s also a fantastic choice if you have a lot of coffee drinkers in your household.
With so many advantages associated with percolators, it’s not surprising they’re making a comeback. As many people look for more effective ways to brew a great cup of coffee, the best percolators are becoming increasingly popular. Whether you’re brewing a couple of cups at home or making coffee for a large number of people, the right percolator will produce a great cup of coffee every time.
What are the pros and cons?
Like all methods of coffee making, the percolator has some pros and cons. To decide whether or not a coffee percolator is right for you, take a look at the pros and cons of using one…
- Makes strong, flavorsome coffee
- Available in electric and stove top models
- Stove top models can be used outdoors and are perfect for camping
- Can be used without paper filters
- Varying sizes mean it’s easy to prepare multiple cups at once
- Highly durable and should be long-lasting
- ‘Keep warm’ features on electric percolators ensure your coffee is ready-to-drink at all times
- Can produce coffee very quickly, even in large amounts
- Will produce very hot coffee
- Smaller models take up minimal space
- Increased control over brewing
- Range of designs ensure a percolator will complement any environment
- Can take some time to get your brew just right
- Over-brewing can result in a burnt or bitter taste
- Coffee is often piping hot when poured and may need time to cool down
- May not suit people who prefer a weaker cup of coffee
- Stove top models need to be carefully monitored to avoid over-extraction
- Some models cannot be fully immersed in water or put in the dishwasher, making them harder to clean
The main grumbles associated with percolators are that they produce bitter or burnt-tasting drinks. However, this is typically down to individual brewing methods, rather than the use of the percolator itself. If you leave your percolator on for too long or let it ‘over-brew’, it will produce a more bitter flavor. Similarly, if you let a stove top percolator brew at too high a temperature, it may produce a burnt taste. With the right amount of practice, you can perfect your percolating skills and avoid burning off too much flavor when you’re brewing coffee.
When it comes to coffee, everyone has a different opinion. Some people enjoy flavored syrups and creams, whilst purists opt for a strong, black coffee every time. A percolator gives you added control over your coffee, so it’s possible to brew a cup to your exact specifications.
Furthermore, electric and stove top models offer all the versatility and flexibility you require. Whether you’re looking for a portable model, a hot drink dispenser for home use or a large-scale urn for bigger groups, the best percolators will help you to brew great coffee quickly and efficiently.
Last update on 2022-06-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API