As a member Etihad Airways’ loyalty program you can earn Etihad Guest miles when you fly on Etihad and partner airlines, stay at partner hotels, rent cars, shop online and more. Miles can then be redeemed for free flights, seat upgrades, hotel stays, and other rewards.
Ways to Earn Etihad Guest Miles
There are many ways to rack up Etihad Guest miles quickly:
Flying with Etihad Airways
- Earn miles based on the ticket fare and cabin class. Full fare economy earns 100% of miles flown, while heavily discounted economy fares earn as little as 25%. Business and First class tickets earn between 125% – 300% of miles flown depending on the fare.
- Take advantage of bonus mile offers on Etihad Airways flights. You can sometimes earn double or triple miles on certain routes, cabin classes, or by booking with the Etihad Guest Visa card.
- Elite members (Silver, Gold, Platinum) receive a 25% – 125% bonus on miles earned, depending on status level.
Direct flights from Abu Dhabi
|Destination||Departure at||Return at||Airline||Find tickets|
|Ahmedabad||22 September 2023||25 September 2023||Tickets from GBP 190|
|Amsterdam||25 November 2023||27 November 2023||Tickets from GBP 789|
|Athens||8 December 2023||11 December 2023||Tickets from GBP 133|
|Barcelona||6 November 2023||13 November 2023||Tickets from GBP 773|
|Beirut||27 September 2023||29 September 2023||Tickets from GBP 198|
|Beijing||21 January 2024||29 January 2024||Tickets from GBP 877|
|Bangkok||23 October 2023||29 October 2023||Tickets from GBP 659|
|Bengaluru||23 January 2024||20 February 2024||Tickets from GBP 250|
|Mumbai||7 October 2023||12 October 2023||Tickets from GBP 159|
|Boston||31 March 2024||26 April 2024||Tickets from GBP 946|
Flying Partner Airlines
- Earn miles when flying with any of Etihad’s airline partners including American Airlines, Air Seychelles, Air Serbia, Alitalia, Aegean, Air Arabia, Air Canada, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Avianca, EgyptAir, El Al Israel Airlines, Gulf Air, Jet Airways, Kenya Airways, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, S7 Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Thai Airways, Turkish Airlines, Virgin Australia and more.
- Miles earned vary by airline, flight distance, and fare class purchased. Check the Etihad Guest partner airline chart for specifics.
- Earn up to 10 miles per $1 spent at partner hotels including Le Meridien, InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, Even Hotels, Hualuxe and more.
- Elite members earn a 10-100% bonus on hotel miles.
- Take advantage of frequent promotions that offer 1,000 – 2,000 bonus miles per stay.
- Earn 250-500 miles for car rental partners including Hertz, Avis, Budget, Europcar, and Sixt.
- Look for bonus mile promotions that double earning.
- Earn miles when you shop at Etihad Guest e-commerce partners like Amazon, Noon, Namshi and more. The earn rate is typically 1-4 miles per $1 spent.
- Stack miles by shopping via Etihad Guest Shopping portal during bonus periods.
Register your credit card with Etihad Guest Dining to earn miles when you dine at participating restaurants.
- The Etihad Guest Visa credit cards from Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank offer signup bonuses of 10,000 miles or more plus earn rates up to 6 miles per $1 spent on Etihad purchases.
- Other travel credit cards like American Express Membership Rewards transfer points to Etihad at a 1:1 ratio.
Maximizing Etihad Guest Miles Earned
Here are some tips for power users looking to earn Etihad Guest miles quickly:
- Take advantage of promotions – bonus miles offers pop up frequently so keep an eye out.
- Book premium cabins – first and business class tickets earn significantly more miles. Upgrade with miles if needed.
- Credit card category bonuses – focus your spending on the card categories that earn the most miles.
- Shop via portal – use the Etihad Guest Shopping portal during bonus periods to double dip.
- Buy miles – purchase miles during sales if you need a boost for an award ticket.
- Book with partners – choose partner flights and hotels to maximize earnings.
- Gift miles – transfer miles to family members to consolidate balances.
- Tier bonuses – elite status earns 25%-125% more miles on flights and hotels.
Redeeming Etihad Guest Miles
Once you’ve built up a healthy balance of Etihad Guest miles, here are the best options for redeeming them:
Etihad Airways Flights
- Economy class awards start at 41,000 miles one-way.
- Business class awards start at 91,000 miles one-way.
- First class awards start at 135,000 miles one-way.
- Check award availability on the Etihad website. High-demand routes book up early.
- Avoid fuel surcharges by booking Etihad-operated flights.
Upgrades on Etihad Airways
- Upgrade economy to business class for 50,000 – 60,000 miles each way.
- Upgrade business to first class for 25,000 miles each way.
- Eligible fare classes only – check when booking.
Etihad Guest airline partners
- Book one-way awards on partner airlines starting at 12,500 miles in economy or 50,000 miles in business.
- Significant fuel surcharges may apply on some partner airlines.
- Search for partner awards on Etihad site. Call to book mixed itineraries.
- Over 300 properties in Etihad Guest Reward Shop program.
- Redeem for free nights starting at 5,000 miles.
Book free days from Europcar and Sixt starting at 7,500 miles per day.
Etihad Guest Reward Shop
- Shop online for electronics, jewelry, furniture and more. Prices range from 7,500 to 375,000 miles.
- Compare miles price vs. retail price for good value.
Activities and Experiences
- Bid miles on exclusive sporting and cultural events.
- Past auctions have included Formula 1, Wimbledon, Sydney Opera House, and more.
Miles + Cash
- Book partly with miles and partly with cash to top up to the required amount.
- Useful for business class awards or expensive properties.
Tips for Redeeming Etihad Guest Miles
- Book as early as possible – award space is limited
- Be flexible on dates, routes, airlines to increase options
- Avoid fuel surcharges where possible
- Check multiple partners for best award prices
- Transfer miles between family member accounts
- Compare value of shop items vs retail price
Earning Miles with Etihad Airways
As the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways offers extensive flight connections across the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Australia. Flying with Etihad is one of the fastest ways to rack up Etihad Guest miles.
Etihad Operated Flights
When you fly on routes operated by Etihad Airways, you’ll earn Etihad Guest miles based on the ticket fare and cabin class. Discounted economy tickets earn a percentage of miles flown, while full-fare economy earns 100%. Business class tickets earn 125%-150% of miles flown and first class earns 200%-300%.
Taking advantage of sales and special offers can help maximize the miles you earn per flight. For instance, buying an economy ticket during a bonus miles promotion could earn you double miles on that route.
Etihad Airways has codeshare agreements with dozens of partner airlines. This allows you to book a single itinerary that includes both Etihad and partner flights. When flying codeshares, the miles you earn are based on the operating airline. For example, a flight booked through Etihad but operated by American Airlines will earn AAdvantage miles rather than Etihad Guest miles.
Check who is operating your flights when booking codeshares to understand how many miles you’ll earn. In some cases it may be better to book the flights directly with the operating partner airline to earn more miles.
Using the Etihad Award Chart
Etihad Guest has an award chart that displays how many miles are required for flights in each cabin class. This makes it easy to estimate how far your Etihad miles can take you.
For example, a one-way economy award flight from North America to the Middle East costs 45,000 miles. Business class on that same route costs 85,000 miles. Referring to the award chart helps determine if you have enough miles in your account to book an award flight.
The number of miles required depends on the regions traveled between rather than the exact route or mileage. Short-haul economy flights start at just 4,000 miles within the Middle East. Long-haul first class flights top out at 140,000 miles between North America and Australia.
Remember to check award seat availability before transferring miles, as the award chart only displays the mileage cost. Popular routes will book up early.
More Tips for Maximizing Your Etihad Guest Miles
Here are some insider strategies for maximizing the value you get from the Etihad Guest program:
- Consolidate miles into one account if you have family members or business associates who also earn Etihad miles. This gives you a bigger pool of miles to work with for redemptions.
- Etihad partners with Capital One, Citi ThankYou, American Express Membership Rewards and Marriott Bonvoy. Transfer points from these programs to top up your Etihad balance.
- Use online shopping portals like Etihad Guest eShops to rack up miles for your everyday online purchases. Set these as your default shopping sites.
- Pay close attention to bonus miles promotions that crop up frequently. Registration is sometimes required. Plan purchases around these offers.
- When you have a large redemption in mind, call the Etihad Guest contact center to discuss your options with an agent. They may find availability when the online search comes up empty.
- Run your flight plans through the Etihad Guest mileage calculator to estimate how many miles you’ll earn. Tweak your itinerary to optimize miles earned if needed.
In summary, joining Etihad Guest opens up easy miles earning opportunities through flying, hotels, shopping and more. Focus on bonus offers and elite status for maximum mileage. For redemptions, book Etihad flights and upguides in advance and be flexible. Avoid surcharges by flying on Etihad and redemption partners without them where possible.