Pilot Supplies and Flight Equipment
As well as the ground school books and other media there are several essential items needed by the student pilot. Pilot supplies range from mugs and watches to headsets and cockpit instruments.
Pooleys Flight Equipment
Pooleys is a name that is synonymous with aviation. They’ve been in the business of supplying equipment and textbooks to pilots and student aviators for over fifty years. Most of the Pooleys flight equipment is made in their own factory at Cranfield in Bedfordshire. Most people first see the name Pooleys on a knee-board, Flight Computer, or Flight Guide.
Pooleys Flight Guides
The Pooleys Flight Guides are published annually and contain invaluable information for pilots. Page by page they list each airfield and farm strip in the UK and Ireland and each entry contains a map of the location.
Together with the coordinates, radio frequencies, runway details, operational hours, landing fee rates, and instructions for arriving or departing aircraft they greatly assist pilots in flight planning, especially those who are visiting the airfield for the first time.
CRP Flight Computers
These circular slide-rules can be found in almost every aviator’s flight bag. They are used for making all kinds of navigational, weight & balance, and ongoing speed and distance calculations. It’s worth investing in one of the tutorial CD ROMs that supplement the device itself.
Although you will use this tool many times as a student there is a tendency among qualified pilots to rely upon electronic instruments, so it’s a good idea to have the tutorial disk as a useful revision tool as well as a study guide during training.
Flight Training Books
Written for pilots by pilots. Pooley provide a selection of the current publications for the PPL syllabus, many of which are co-authored by Dorothy Saul-Pooley.
Essential Pilot Supplies For Student Pilots
- Free storage bag with handle included with headset to travel easy and keep it protected
- Overall weight of Headset Only 16.24 oz.
- Custom fit headband to adjust tension on the band to make it tighter or looser for the right fit.
- Adjustable single volume knob controls the 50mm audio speakers for on point sound. Keeping a soild 24dB NRR* hearing protection for top quality headset.
- Electret Noise Cancelling mic for picking up your voice loud and clear - Gold Plated GA Plugs for a solid connection
- 30% greater active noise reduction than conventional aviation headsets. Connectivity Technology: Wired/Wireless
- 30% less clamping force than conventional aviation headsets. The ergonomic control module includes an auxiliary audio input with intercom/AUX priority switching, ideal for dedicated GPS and traffic warning systems
- Clear audio with active equalization. Simple, intuitive headset operation plug it in, turn it on, go flying
- Now with Bluetooth audio and communications interface for connectivity with your communications and navigation devices
- Customizable audio prioritization control lets you mute an audio signal when receiving a communication, or mix the two together
- HIGH-DEFINITION UV400 TAC POLARIZED LENSES – SojoS's HD TAC polarized lenses can filter out sunlight reflected glare, and protect your eyes from long-term damage by blocking 100% of harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS – These SojoS classic aviator sunglasses are made of unbreakable metal frames, colorful flash mirrored reflective UV400 lenses, solid metal hinges, all the details ensuring you a long time using. These retro sunglasses are suitable for both men and women and suitable for any climate and weather conditions.
- PERFECT ALL ROUNDER – These SojoS sunglasses are the perfect choice for outdoor sports and activities such as taking selfies, cycling, driving, shopping, traveling, hiking, and are suitable as a high fashion accessory and daily wear all year round.
- PRODUCT DIMENSION – Lens Width: 58mm(2.28inches) | Lens Height: 50mm(1.97inches) | Temple Length: 140mm(5.51inches) | Nose Bridge: 17mm(0.67inches).
- GIFT IDEAS PACKAGE – Sunglasses*1, microfiber pouch*1, microfiber glasses cleaning cloth*1, glasses box*1. It is also a gift packaged ready, making it a wonderful yet practical gift idea for friends and family!
- POLARIZED LENS - 100% UV400 eye protection effectively filter and block glares to protecting your eyes against UV damage and keeping your eyes healthy;The aviator sunglasses designed for driving fishing and all outdoor activities;High-definition lens gives you a natural and clear vision: restore true color.
- HIGH QUALITY FRAME - The polarized aviator sunglasses made with aluminum magnesium metallic alloy that is ultra light weight yet strong and durable. It comes with spring loaded hinged legs and adjustable silicon nose pads which allows for maximum comfort and flexibility.
- SUITABLE - Being polarized and 400UV protection makes these sunglasses the perfect choice for outdoor sports and activities such as driving, fishing, golf,skiing, travelling, hiking, boating, and is suitable as high fashion accessory and daily wear all year round. It is also a wonderful and practical gift for friends and family!
- CLASSIC AVIATOR STYLE-Unisex Aviator style suitable for all outdoor activities and any occasion.These aviator sunglasses is suitable for any face,fashion design show your unique and high-end Taste.
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - 100% satisfaction guaranteed,First choice as a gift.Unisex Aviator style.Good for driving & All outdoor activities for all day;limited time special pricing and elegant glasses accessories for free,get MXNX's sunglasses now.
- Full-size E6B made from durable plasticized composite materials
- Measures 9-3/4" x 5"
- VFR kneebord "New" Version
- Dimensions 6-1/2" x 9-1/2"
- Dimensions: 7.87*5.31in
- Aluminum kneeboard with metal clip and pen holder for quick note-taking
- Durable elastic strap, and the velcro can be arbitrarily adjusted
- VFR information list can help you find information easily
- Great for any pilots
- U.S. Department of Transportation (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 135 Pages - 10/16/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Now shipping current edition: DECEMBER 2
- Next Effective Date: JANUARY 27
- High quality paper and print - Folded
- Always in stock at Ruby & Rudy's Books
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Hardcover Book
- English (Publication Language)
- 104 Pages - 09/01/2012 (Publication Date) - Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc. (Publisher)
- Quality construction
- Professional Look
- Dark brown cover
- Jeppesen Sanderson, Inc. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- Water bottle/back-up radio pocket, Fuel tester pocket, 2 external chart pockets
- Fleece-lined electronic accessory pockets (ADS-B / GPS / Iridium), 4 internal mesh organizers for cables and charging cords
- Fleece-lined headset pocket with elastic loops for extra batteries for ANR headsets
- Adjustable shoulder strap, braided wire reinforced carry handle and metal hardware
- External Dimensions: 12"H x 10.5"W x 9"D
- Timeless style, Made from canvas with leather accents.
- Dedicated tablet pocket is accessible from the front without opening the bag (Fits iPads up to iPad Pro 10.5").
- Padded computer section protects your laptop (fits LAPTOPS UP TO 15"W x 7"H).
- Quick access exterior pockets are great for flashlights or fuel testers.
- Three flap pockets are perfect for cables, ads-b receivers, and battery packs.
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API