As well as the ground school books and other media there are several essential items needed by the student pilot. Pilot supplies range from mugs and watches to headsets and cockpit instruments.
Pooleys Flight Equipment
Pooleys is a name that is synonymous with aviation. They’ve been in the business of supplying equipment and textbooks to pilots and student aviators for over fifty years. Most of the Pooleys flight equipment is made in their own factory at Cranfield in Bedfordshire. Most people first see the name Pooleys on a knee-board, Flight Computer, or Flight Guide.
Pooleys Flight Guides
The Pooleys Flight Guides are published annually and contain invaluable information for pilots. Page by page they list each airfield and farm strip in the UK and Ireland and each entry contains a map of the location.
Together with the coordinates, radio frequencies, runway details, operational hours, landing fee rates, and instructions for arriving or departing aircraft they greatly assist pilots in flight planning, especially those who are visiting the airfield for the first time.
CRP Flight Computers
These circular slide-rules can be found in almost every aviator’s flight bag. They are used for making all kinds of navigational, weight & balance, and ongoing speed and distance calculations. It’s worth investing in one of the tutorial CD ROMs that supplement the device itself.
Although you will use this tool many times as a student there is a tendency among qualified pilots to rely upon electronic instruments, so it’s a good idea to have the tutorial disk as a useful revision tool as well as a study guide during training.
Flight Training Books
Written for pilots by pilots. Pooley provide a selection of the current publications for the PPL syllabus, many of which are co-authored by Dorothy Saul-Pooley.
Essential Pilot Supplies For Student Pilots
- Super Soft, Double Foam Head Pad
- New Comfort gel, undercut ear seals
- Universal Flex Boom for perfect microphone placement
- Exclusive M-7A, the most advanced noise-cancelling microphone available
- Low-profile volume control knob with detent settings
- 30% greater active noise reduction than conventional aviation headsets. Connectivity Technology: Wired/Wireless
- 30% less clamping force than conventional aviation headsets. The ergonomic control module includes an auxiliary audio input with intercom/AUX priority switching, ideal for dedicated GPS and traffic warning systems
- Clear audio with active equalization. Simple, intuitive headset operation plug it in, turn it on, go flying
- Now with Bluetooth audio and communications interface for connectivity with your communications and navigation devices
- Customizable audio prioritization control lets you mute an audio signal when receiving a communication, or mix the two together
- PRODUCT DIMENSION – Lens width:58mm (2.28") | Lens height:50mm (1.97") | Bridge width:14mm (0.55") | Frame width:140mm (5.51") | Arm length:135mm (5.31")
- 100% POLARIZED LENSES – These Classic Aviator Sunglasses is polarized and provide 99% Polarization efficiency while blocking and managing UV and HEV light, delivering a superior visual experience and glare protection. Polarized sunglasses eliminate glare and haze so your eyes are more comfortable and you can see better. Polarized lenses contain a special filter that blocks this type of intense reflected light, reducing glare.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL POLYCARBONATE LENSES – Polycarbonate is a durable material. Although it has high impact-resistance, it has low scratch-resistance and so a hard coating is applied to polycarbonate sunglass and eyeglass lenses. Polycarbonate is highly transparent to visible light, with better light transmission than many types of other lenses.
- PREMIUM PACKAGE – Comes with Premium Microfiber Pouch, Microfiber Cleansing Cloth, User Manual and Tag.
- 30 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Please just let us know if you're not happy with your purchase within 30 days, and we'll take care of you. You have no risk to try.
- POLARIZED LENS - 100% UV400 eye protection effectively filter and block glares to protecting your eyes against UV damage and keeping your eyes healthy;The aviator sunglasses designed for driving fishing and all outdoor activities;High-definition lens gives you a natural and clear vision: restore true color.
- HIGH QUALITY FRAME - The polarized aviator sunglasses made with aluminum magnesium metallic alloy that is ultra light weight yet strong and durable. It comes with spring loaded hinged legs and adjustable silicon nose pads which allows for maximum comfort and flexibility.
- SUITABLE - Being polarized and 400UV protection makes these sunglasses the perfect choice for outdoor sports and activities such as driving, fishing, golf,skiing, travelling, hiking, boating, and is suitable as high fashion accessory and daily wear all year round. It is also a wonderful and practical gift for friends and family!
- CLASSIC AVIATOR STYLE-Unisex Aviator style suitable for all outdoor activities and any occasion.These aviator sunglasses is suitable for any face,fashion design show your unique and high-end Taste.
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - 100% satisfaction guaranteed,First choice as a gift.Unisex Aviator style.Good for driving & All outdoor activities for all day;limited time special pricing and elegant glasses accessories for free,get MXNX's sunglasses now.
- Full-size E6B made from durable plasticized composite materials
- Measures 9-3/4" x 5"
- VFR kneebord "New" Version
- Dimensions 6-1/2" x 9-1/2"
- Dimensions: 7.87*5.31in
- Aluminum kneeboard with metal clip and pen holder for quick note-taking
- Durable elastic strap, and the velcro can be arbitrarily adjusted
- VFR information list can help you find information easily
- Great for any pilots
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Federal Aviation Administration (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 88 Pages - 07/25/2017 (Publication Date) - Skyhorse (Publisher)
- Now shipping current edition: DECEMBER 2
- Next Effective Date: JANUARY 27
- High quality paper and print - Folded
- Always in stock at Ruby & Rudy's Books
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Hardcover Book
- English (Publication Language)
- 104 Pages - 09/01/2012 (Publication Date) - Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc. (Publisher)
- Highly Durable
- Great for the new pilot or the "weekend warrior"
- "easy-on-the-eyes" green pages resist ink bleed through
- Bound in a scuff-resistant cover.
- Measures 8" x 5 1/4".
- Water bottle/back-up radio pocket, Fuel tester pocket, 2 external chart pockets
- Fleece-lined electronic accessory pockets (ADS-B / GPS / Iridium), 4 internal mesh organizers for cables and charging cords
- Fleece-lined headset pocket with elastic loops for extra batteries for ANR headsets
- Adjustable shoulder strap, braided wire reinforced carry handle and metal hardware
- External Dimensions: 12"H x 10.5"W x 9"D
- Durable nylon fabric
- Large headset pocket, with battery holder
- External double pockets for flashlight and fuel tester, walkie talkie storage pocket
- File pocket, Ipad storage pocket, it can hold tablets of all sizes, include pilot kneeboard
- Quick access chart pockets, with a zipper design at the bottom, which can be inserted into a trolley case
Last update on 2022-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API