Virgin Red Points: Your Ultimate Guide to Earning Rewards
If you’re a fan of Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Hotels, Virgin Experience Days, and other brands under the Virgin umbrella, you should be collecting Virgin Red points. With these, you can earn and redeem rewards across multiple businesses, making it easier to get the most out of your loyalty. Whether you’re a frequent traveller or just a fan of the Virgin brand, this guide will give you an overview of how to earn and redeem Virgin Red points and take advantage of all the rewards the program has to offer.
What are Virgin Points?
Virgin Points is the loyalty reward program that covers all the various companies in the Virgin brand. Members of the Virgin Points program earn points every time they fly with Virgin Atlantic or one of its partner airlines, or when they make purchases with the program’s affiliated credit card or with participating retail and travel partners. The number of points earned is based on the fare class and distance flown, as well as the member’s tier status within the program.
Virgin Points can be redeemed for a wide range of rewards, including flights on Virgin Atlantic and its partner airlines, cabin upgrades, lounge access, hotel stays, car rentals, experiences, and more. Members can also transfer points to other loyalty programs, such as Hilton Honors or IHG Rewards Club, or donate them to charity.
Is Virgin Red the same as Flying Club?
Virgin Red and Flying Club are two separate loyalty programs offered by Virgin Atlantic Airways, although they are related in that they both allow members to earn and redeem points for flights and other rewards.
Flying Club is the frequent flyer program of Virgin Atlantic, which rewards members for flying with Virgin Atlantic and its partner airlines. Members earn Tier Points and Flying Club miles based on the fare class and distance flown, and can redeem miles for flights, cabin upgrades, and other rewards.
Virgin Red, on the other hand, is a broader loyalty program that spans the various Virgin brands and companies. Members of Virgin Red can earn and redeem points across multiple businesses, including Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Hotels, Virgin Experience Days, and more.
While there may be some overlap in terms of earning and redeeming rewards, Virgin Red and Flying Club are separate programs with their own rules and redemption options. However, members of Virgin Red who are also members of Flying Club may be able to link their accounts and transfer points between programs to maximise their rewards.
What can Virgin Points get me?
You can spend your Virgin Points in all kinds of ways, not just for benefits associated with air travel:
- Flights: You can redeem Virgin Points for flights on Virgin Atlantic or its partner airlines, including Delta Air Lines, Air France, KLM, and more. The number of points required for a flight will depend on the route, travel class, and availability.
- Cabin upgrades: If you have enough Virgin Points, you can use them to upgrade to a higher cabin class on your flight. For example, you could upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy or from Premium Economy to Upper Class.
- Lounge access: Virgin Points can also be redeemed for access to Virgin Atlantic’s Clubhouses, as well as partner lounges around the world. This can be a great way to relax and enjoy some amenities before your flight.
- Hotel stays: Virgin Points can be redeemed for hotel stays with a variety of partner hotels, including Hilton, Marriott, and InterContinental Hotels Group..
- Car rentals: You can also redeem Virgin Points for car rentals with partners like Avis and Alamo. This can be a convenient way to get around during your travels.
- Experiences: Virgin Points can also be used to book unique experiences, such as hot air balloon rides, helicopter tours, and more.
- Shopping: Finally, Virgin Points can be used to shop with partners like Virgin Wines, Virgin Experience Days, and Virgin Holidays. This can be a great way to treat yourself or buy gifts for others.
What is Virgin Red?
Virgin Red is a loyalty program and app that brings together the various Virgin brands and companies under one platform. It allows users to earn and redeem points across different Virgin businesses, including Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Hotels, Virgin Experience Days, Virgin Wines, and more.
Members of Virgin Red can earn points by making purchases with participating Virgin companies, such as booking a flight with Virgin Atlantic or buying wine from Virgin Wines.Virgin Atlantic Homepage
In addition to the rewards program, the Virgin Red app also provides members with exclusive offers, discounts, and access to events. The app also allows users to connect with other members and share recommendations for travel, food, and more.
Virgin Red is designed to be a central hub for all things Virgin, making it easier for customers to engage with and earn rewards from the various businesses within the Virgin Group. It’s a way for Virgin to create a more seamless and integrated customer experience across its different brands, while also rewarding loyalty and incentivizing future purchases.
Virgin Red partners are the various businesses and brands within the Virgin Group that participate in the loyalty program. Here are some of the partners currently listed on the Virgin Red website:
- Virgin Atlantic: Members can earn and redeem points for flights, cabin upgrades, and other rewards with Virgin Atlantic.
- Virgin Hotels: Members can earn and redeem points for stays at Virgin Hotels properties in the UK, US, and other locations.
- Virgin Experience Days: Members can earn and redeem points for a variety of experiences, such as hot air balloon rides, driving experiences, and more.
- Virgin Wines: Members can earn points for purchasing wine from Virgin Wines, and redeem points for wine, gifts, and more.
- Virgin Media: Members can earn points for signing up for Virgin Media services, such as broadband and TV.
- Virgin Money: Members can earn points for using Virgin Money credit cards and other financial products.
- Virgin Active: Members can earn points for using Virgin Active gyms and health clubs.
- Virgin Trains: Members can earn points for train travel with Virgin Trains (though note that this program is being phased out as Virgin Trains is now part of a new franchise).
These are just some of the partners currently listed on the Virgin Red website, and the list may be subject to change. To see the full list of partners and the latest earning and redemption options, be sure to check the Virgin Red app or website.
Which shops and airlines accept Virgin Points?
The specific airlines, shops, cinemas, and other places where you can spend Virgin Points will depend on the Virgin Points program in your region and the partners currently participating in the program. However, here are some examples of airlines, shops, cinemas, and other places where Virgin Points may be eligible for redemption:
- Virgin Atlantic
- Delta Air Lines
- Air France
- Singapore Airlines
- Virgin Australia
- Virgin Wines
- Virgin Experience Days
- Virgin Megastore
- Waitrose & Partners
- Empire Cinemas
- Virgin Hotels
- Virgin Active
- Virgin Trains (depending on the region and program)
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Car Rental
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- InterContinental Hotels Group
To see the full list of partners and redemption options available to you, you can visit the Virgin Points website or consult your local program materials.
Do Virgin Red Points expire?
Virgin Points can expire, depending on the specific program terms and conditions. However, the rules around expiration may vary by region and membership level, so it’s important to consult your program materials or contact customer service to understand the specifics for your situation.
In general, Virgin Points can expire due to inactivity, meaning that if you don’t earn or redeem any points within a certain timeframe, your points may expire. For example, in the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club program, points expire after 36 months of inactivity. However, earning or redeeming even a small number of points can reset the expiration clock.
It’s also important to note that if you cancel your membership in a Virgin Points program or if the program is discontinued, your points may expire or become forfeit. Similarly, if you violate the program terms and conditions or engage in fraudulent activity, your points may be forfeited.
To avoid losing your points, be sure to stay active in the program by earning and redeeming points regularly.
How many Virgin Red points do you need for a flight?
The number of Virgin Red points required for a flight will depend on the airline, route, and travel class. However, in general, Virgin Red points can be used to redeem flights on Virgin Atlantic and its partner airlines, with redemption rates starting at 12,500 points for a one-way Economy Classic flight between the UK and the US.
Flights during peak travel periods or to popular destinations may require more points than flights during off-peak periods or to less popular destinations. Additionally, different travel classes, such as Premium Economy or Upper Class, will require more points than Economy.
To find out how many points you would need for a specific flight, you can use the booking tool on the Virgin Red website or consult with a customer service representative. Redemption rates and availability may be subject to change.
Who can join Virgin Red?
Virgin Red is open to everyone, but the specific eligibility requirements may vary depending on the region and membership level.
In general, most Virgin Red programs require members to be at least 18 years old and to have a valid email address and/or mobile phone number. Some programs may also require members to reside in a specific country or region.
To join Virgin Red, create an account on the Virgin Red website or app and provide some basic personal information. Once you have created an account, you can start earning and redeeming points with participating Virgin businesses.
It’s worth noting that some Virgin Red programs may have additional membership tiers or requirements, such as a minimum spend or travel activity. These requirements may provide additional benefits or rewards, but may also have additional costs or fees associated with them. Read the terms and conditions of the program carefully before joining to ensure that you understand the requirements and benefits.
How much is 20,000 Virgin Points worth?
As a general guide, in the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club program, 20,000 points could be worth anywhere from around £100 to several hundred pounds, depending on the route and travel class. For example, a one-way Economy Classic flight between London and New York may require around 20,000 points, while a one-way Upper Class flight on the same route could require over 40,000 points.
However, the value of points can vary widely depending on the specific redemption options and the availability of rewards. In some cases, it may be more valuable to use points for upgrades, lounge access, or other rewards, rather than for flights.
To get a more accurate idea of the value of 20,000 Virgin Points in your specific program and region, it’s best to consult with the program’s terms and conditions or speak to a customer service representative. They can provide more information on the latest redemption options and how to get the most out of your points.